What a Scrappy Life

Pages

Friday 11 November 2011

Sarah's Cards Retreat - Part 5 - The Winner is ...

Over the weekend there was a number of games and challenges that you could take part to add even more fun to the weekend.

I love sketches, so I took part in the sketch challenge, where we were all give a sketch to come up with a layout.

I had purchased some the the new American Chap Collection, which I just loved especially for layouts of James, and one of the papers was called 'James' which I just had to have.

The sketch challenge was being judged by the DT team. So on Saturday night they had laid all the entries out in one of the classrooms so that we could all see what talented ladies we all are, and how we had interpreted the sketch.

OMG - out of all the entries - I'd won I was so chuffed and it was great to think that some of them had liked my layout to vote for me - what an honour. I know that if I had been in the room when it was announced I would have cried, as it was, I wanted to cry when Sarah came over. I'd won and that was a great feeling, and it was definitively the 'icing on the cake' for a fab-u-lous weekend.

This was my entry. Another photos from the Summer and James looking 'cool'. I love how it has come together.

American Craft 'Chap' collection




Studio Calico (SC) number stamp & Maya Road clear mini tickets



Tim Holtz tickets; Pink Paislee stamp, Studio Calico Chipboard Alphas; Mini Tag - punch from Stampin' Up: SC mini date stamp





So thanks to the DT who voted for me and thanks to Sarah & Leanne for my great prize.

So that all about Sarah's Card Retreat, has you most probably can tell, I had a blast. The whole weekend was well organised, the DT team were friendly and helpful, Sarah & Lianne were a joy to meet again, and nothing seemed like too much trouble.

My table buddies were a joy to be with, right from meeting for lunch on the Friday to saying our goodbyes, you make my weekend very special, so thank you. It is always nice to have 'Friends with Benefits - lol.

Now I'm getting ready for the next crafting weekend away in Shropshire. This one is a more relaxed one but will be just as enjoyable. I'm planning to get my Document 2011 unto date, and my Christmas journal pages started.

3 comments:

Sam Ball (aka sammyb) said...

Get you missus xxx

Sarah said...

Just read all your retreat posts in one sitting!! Phew!! You sure did have a good time! well done on winning the sketch challenge! x

Unknown said...

Oh that's nice-great colours!!