What a Scrappy Life

Pages

Monday 20 June 2016

Barbara's Birthday - May 2016

In May, my lovely friend Barbara celebrated her 65th birthday, and the girls, who I went to New York with, and I decided to take her out for the day, and we chose Stratford.  the weather forecast didn't look very promising but we were determined to make the most of it.  We a walk around the town, which obviously meant we needed to take a few photos




Shakespeares House, which is right in the centre of the town (need to go back and actually go inside it the next time)



There had some lovely little shops, like this old fashioned sweet shop 




which had rows and rows of old fashioned sweets in jars along the shelves.







Even when it rained, we still continued to shop.








Then it was time for her next surprise, Afternoon Tea in the wonderful cafe on the High Street.




As it was a special birthday we did her an album, we each did 3 pages.






As you can see from this photograph she was overwhelmed and loved it.






 The Afternoon Tea was great, and there was so much that we couldn't finish it.

The we had a walk around to Butterfly Farm, again a lovely place that I need to go back to.




I think the butterfly through my top was part of the display, I was keen on it landing on me, but so glad I took a deep breath and got these photos - coming to a scrapbook pages soon.










And our final stop was for a coffee and cake, but I didn't fancy any cake so I had this yummy ice-cream instead.




We all had a fab day and Barbara loved it, which was just want we wanted to hear after all the planning.


These are my pages that I did for her album, I choose to do photos from our New York trip






This was a sketch, one of the many sketches I have on Pinterest.  I love how it turned out and I used Shimelle's Starshine collection and did some hand stitching.





I used another Pinterest sketch for this one, and my hexagon punch that I've had for a while and not used. These photos were taken shortly before we went on our evening cruise.






More hand-stitching, photographs taken at the Top of the Rock.



This design is a cut file from the silhouette cameo store, but instead of cutting it I used the 'perforation' feature, so instead of cutting the shape out, it makes perforation marks - allowing me to hand stitch the design.

Thanks for stopping by


0 comments: