What a Scrappy Life

Pages

Wednesday 6 July 2011

A Summery Week-End

Just a few of the photos I took over the weekend.

It was good to get away and just sit, well that what I've been doing here at home, so it was nice to be able to just sit somewhere else.

And look up at the blue sky ....

















Watch the birds come down to feed - I love this bird table.























James in the pool, the water was freezing but he seemed to enjoy it.



















J&J playing abit of footy.


I also visited Nana, it was great to see her and she even remember about me having my op. and was asking me all about it and telling me to take it easy, which made me feelso much better and she made me laugh when I said I was going into the garden, she went right back to being my old Nana's and told me 'make sure I do the gardening properly and not pick her flowers' ... which is another story and one I will have to scrapbook ... I couldn't believe that she remembered.

James is getting more hands on now hes getting older, and did a spot of log moving, getting them in order to take to MIL to use on her open fire in the Winter.


Jon digging up some spuds at Nana, which taste just amazing, will have to try and grow some of our own at home next year.


Me picking some raspberries, to think that 2.5 weeks after my operation I would be picking raspberries




OK, did too much so had to sit down and watch the others - LOL,



but most of all admire the view ... So this the view looking down Nana's garden towards the valley at Matlock, not a bad view to re-charge my batteries eh !!!


and finally my one and only layout, which took me 8 days, can you believe it ... 8 days to complete this simple layout ... but I found that sitting for longer than 1/2 hour hurts, so it was a long haul but I got there in the end.

Used Studio Calico June 2011 kit.

The story behind the photo, is that James insisted that he needed to wear his sun glasses to bed, when I went to check on him, he was fast asleep, lamp on, book open and shades on his head. I just had to take a photo and scrap it.























I even stamped and embossed the film strip and the ray gun - I didn't think that I would use the 'ray gun' but I quite like it. I stamp the film strip and cut out the centre


















Thanks for stopping by ...



0 comments: