What a Scrappy Life

Pages

Monday 18 July 2011

I made it ...

Yah !!!!! I attended my crop this weekend, big thanks to Julie for picking me up and coming home early. I set about getting a few page kits together and trying to use up my Studio Calico June kit.

It was great to start to get back to normal and see all the Solihull girls. The crop re-introduced me to stamping, well I must give credit for this to Morag, she had a couple of layouts that she was finishing off, that were full of detail, especially stamping. Now, I've got hundreds of stamps, but when I use them I only seem to be using a few at a time, but Morag, just adds loads, from different sets, at different angles, cut out, you name she just seem to have the knack of adding stamped details to all her layouts that looks just fab, so has I love to follow designers (yes Juile, I admit it - lol) and get great hints and tips from them I embraced this one with open arms.

So my two layouts that I produced at the crop had more stamped details on than I would normally and I love them, so thanks Morag for the great inspiration.

For my first one I used a photo of my 2nd girly holiday, which was a long weekend in Dublin in 2005, not sure why I've got my jacket on in the bar (complete with fur collar !!!), but we did have a great weekend. As you can see I did use loads of stamps on this layouts, incl. Pink Paislee, Studio Calico.




















I also added my punched out owl (punch from Stampin' Up) - just love this punch and you will be seeing more on layouts.

















I've also been blog hopping and came across a new sketch blog, well new to me, Got Sketch? , which has some great sketches and some great DT inspiration. So for the following layouts I used Sketch No. 121 which can be found here, and thanks to Ann-Marie for the inspiration, actually check out her blog she has some amazing crafty ideas. I mainly kept to her design but added a few bits.





















I misted the background paper, using 'pinked nestie shapes' as masked and my Mr Huey Bonny Blue mist.

















I even embossed my SC 'ray gun' stamps, using Demin zing.

















This next one was meant to a a quick one, but it ended up taking me about 1 week to finish it, not really sure why but love the end results.

Beachcomber - a photo I took of James in April at the beach, just love how deep in thought he looks and lost in his own little world ... I would love to know what he was thinking about, and I know even if I asked him, he would just say 'nothing mom' ... which always makes me smile.

















I've not forgot about uploading my Document 2011 pages April to June, just trying to finish off my June pages so hope to uploading soon.

Have a great day

1 comments:

Bernice Hopper said...

It was great to see you. Hope you're better soon.