What a Scrappy Life

Pages

Wednesday 26 January 2011

To use Sketches or Not?

that is the question. Well its mine for this week anyway. and my answer is yes, and why not, if they are available and give you the extra nudge in the right direction for your layout or project, then go ahead.

So to that note, I been either scraplifting or using sketches for my last couple of layouts. But when you come to think of it, I bet most peoples layouts have something no matter how small that you have seen on someones layout and it has inspired you to add that detail to your layouts.

So one of my scrapping plans for this year is to try and use more sketches, even if it only for a principle idea, the position of the photo, the quantity of photos, where to put the title, or embellishments to add.

At my Bromsgrove January Crop I produced 2 layouts using sketches which are on this post. So while scrapping this week and I decided to used the new PageMap2 book and produced this layout.

Supplies used:- Bazzill Cardstock; Studio Calico - Documentary (camera); Tim Holtz - film strip, ticket, mask, mini staples; Cosmo Cricket - Alphas, October Afternoon Mini Alphas, Stamps - Paperartsy - Splatt, Studio Calico - bird;







For my next layout which is a sketch challenge for my next crop, I did this one


This sketch is from here



I got the idea of using the Maya Road Bingo Numbers from a layout over at Scrapagogo and also from layout that Sam did at a recent crop.

Supplies used: Cosmo Cricket - Circa 1934 collection; Maya Road Bingo Numbers (Red); Tim Holtz Rosette die; Martha Stewart punch, Stamping up circle punches, EK Success border punch;

The photo is of James and Nana in 2000, they did and still do have such a close bond and this photo just shows the look of love and affection between the two. I would love to know what she was saying to him but it looks like they are deep in conversation and he is listening to her every word.

Nana is now too old to come on holiday anymore, so seeing photo of her on Holiday with us brings me both joy and sadness, joy that we do have some amazing memories, and sadness that she can't do the journey because of ill health. I've not added any journalling to the layout till after the crop,

I added the 2 on top of the rosette to represent that James was 2 at the time, and the 25 and 10 at the bottom of the page represent the date and month. Then I just used random numbers under the photo.




This one was just put together, using my Studio Calico January 2011, and a photo of my friends on their last visit to Birmingham


I even used a KI Memories mini pocket, that came in the kit and added a tag which I decorated and added my journalling to.


And a final one for today, using Cosmo Cricket - Togetherness collection, photo of the Birmingham girls at my last Scrapagogo Retreat.



Thanks again for stopping by ... I'll be back with some ...

0 comments: