What a Scrappy Life

Pages

Thursday 4 June 2009

Getting Ready to ... GoGo

Well, I must apologies for not coming one sooner. I did say that I would try harder but you know me. This week has ben abit manic, busy getting ready for the GOGO Getaway Weekend starting on the 5th and having major problems with my car.

Anyway, I quick update on what has been happening this past week.


Me and Julie went to a new crop on Sunday over in Coventry, Well it new to us, it has been going since last November and is run by Tracie and Claire , and Sue who owns and runs "Crafty Stash" - a UKS sponsor. I drove which is a rareity with me, and yes we did have one or two detours but we got their in the end. We both enjoyed it and the girls where really friendly. We booked onto the class which was two layouts (apologies - not photographed yet). The paper were boyish but worked really well with girls photos. When I take the photos I will go into more details then about the techniques used.
I also meet a fellow GoGo girl called Shena, who will be going to the getaway at the weekend, so now I know two people before I get their.


But mainly this week I've been sorted myself out for my weekend away with the GoGo Girls - I'm so looking forward to it .... over the 3 days there are 4 clases, make & takes, challenges, raffles, photoshoot, photography workshop, but most of all I'll be able to have a good old laugh, meet new friends, I'm saying friends now because I'm sure to make at least one or two - LOL, and learn new techniques along the way.


I started off the week only taking what I need for the classes, and possibly one other page kit that I had put together, my basic tools and nothing more. Now my tote is packed, 3 0r 4 page kits, a mini album, tools, stamps etc. I don't think I'll will get the chance to start or even finish any of my own work, but I'm taking them just in case.
One of the challenges was to produce a name badge, and this is mine. The die cut owl is Sizzix and was borrowed from Kay, I think she has every Sizzix die in their collection. The label was a nestabilities labels set - not sure what number- and was borrowed from Thersa (Solihull Crop) and the letters are - Cuttlebug "Hippy Chick". I used the apple to represent the Team I in "Apple-tini" for the weekend.
I was having problems getting a pin to stick to the back, so I've laminated it and puched holes in the top and will wear round my neck, but knowing me it will "bug" me and I'll end up taking it off. I'm really pleased how its turned out, simple but sweet - just like me - LOL



The problems with my car, is that I need a NEW one, saying this louding so that my Hubby can hear, but has usual he has selective hearing when it come to spending large sums of money - ROFL. He tends to have my car (Peaugot 206) at the weekend because he can put the bike rack on it, and I drive the C2 (which I love), well on Sunday he said that it had a "Knocking" sound coming from the "drive shaft" area, after spending money to get a new exhaust and ignition system last week, this was all I needed. So took it to the garage and I need a new part that can only be sorted on Monday. The garage said that it was drivable but I was unsure, so I had to miss my photography course today (Thurs). Anyway, it give me more time to sort out what I need for the Retreat.


So this week apart from the layouts I did on Sunday, I've not done any crafting, just been arranging and re-arranging my tote and paper to take with me.
Will be back next week with all the details and photos of the weekend.
Thanks for stopping by .....

0 comments: