What a Scrappy Life

Pages

Tuesday 3 January 2012

Happy New Year 2012

Welcome to 2012 and I wish you all good health and happiness for the coming year.

I've had a great festive season spending the time with my family in Derbyshire. The downside of being away from home is that there was no internet connection and very limited mobile phone coverage - I did spent some time sitting on the bedroom window cill, sending texts, and one evening I actually got onto the internet - only happened once - but it did work. So even though it was great to getaway having limited contact for a week was off-putting when you are used to surfing the web and keeping in touch. But that said, I did managed to go on some lovely walks, and take a few photo - some I'll share with you over the next week. I was also able to complete most of my JYC and practice some crocheting - which is still very basic - lol.

So one thing I've got planned for this coming year - is to try not to spend any money on stash - there it is - written down so I'm committed - lol. I'm determined to spend a very limited amount of any new stash, I've got so much - I swear I could open a store and still have loads left.

So my plan for each month is to only get my Studio Calico Kit, and perhaps 1 add-on, but not 3 or 4 like I've done in the past. I can live without that lovely stamp and the extra papers, no matter how nice they appear. I will be taking it a month at a time, but so far (and I know its only day 3) I've resisted the 'Sale Now on' signs in the on-lines stores. And has I said in the past, I am determined to sell a large amount of my stash. I'm going to be very ruthless and just 'get rid', so watch this space for an update.

Thanks for stopping by ... I'll be back with some photos of my JYC, my humble attempts at crocheting and photos of my week away.


0 comments: