What a Scrappy Life

Pages

Sunday 6 March 2011

Sarah's Card Retreat - Part 1

WOW, I had a fab time this weekend at the Sarah's Card Retreat in Warrington.

It started with Julie and Me driving up the M6 and stopping a Daresbury Village at a pub called 'Ring o' Bells' which was just lovely, the meal, service and the actual place was just superb.

Now, as some you you might know, I originally from Preston (Lancashire) but live in Birmingham ... well whenever I drive 'opp North' I still get that feeling like I'm going 'home'. I did try and pursude Julie that Preston was only 1/2 hour away, but she was having none of it -LOL.





The pub had a great menu, excellent service and even better home cooked food. We selected our lunch off the 'lunchtime special' meal, we both had Steak & Ale Pie, Mash and veg ... fab, fab, fab followed by Peach and Blackcurrent Cumble & Custard with Julie having Apple pie & clotted cream. The whole meal for the 2 of us including coffee and a soft drink cost £25.00 which was very reasonable,





we then went back throught the village and Julie spotted this on the local villlage school roof.



Then I remembered seeing somewhere that this village was were Louis Carroll was born hence Alice in Wonderland.

So here is where we stopped for the weekend




and after getting our room it was time to meet the rest of the delegates, we had planned to meet Sheena and her friends and all sit together. Don't know how it happened but I've not got any photos of the group of us together ... but we had a great time and it was great meet them and share the weekend with them all.



Then at 3.30pm it was time to enter the crop room and start on our weekend of crafting goodness.



But let me show you some of the loveiness that awaited us,


The Sweetie Shoppe - what a fab idea they were jars and jars of old fashion sweeties for us to take as and when we like.



Then we had this fab goody bag ... which included a 12 x 12 American Craft Album, rub-ons, journalling cards, stickers.



Now who can resist looking around the lovely shop with some amazing new CHA 2011 products, Yah to it all, it was just fab, and yes I definately indulged ... which I will show you later.







Obviously Julie and I were in our element, but seriously how much paper do we actually need ... LOL


Thanks for stopping by and come back soon to find out more about the classes, bingo, raffle and more see the classes that I did and the other layouts I completed.


3 comments:

Candace said...

I can't wait till November now lol

Deb Hickman said...

Looks like you and Julie had a great weekend, what a great goody bag !!!!

Jilly said...

Fab pics Jackie!! Was lovely to meet you and Julie. Shame we didn't get a group pic. Hope to meet again soon. xx