What a Scrappy Life

Pages

Tuesday 14 July 2009

Road Trip !!!!

The weekend was not what I had hoped for, it started off really well, a quick visit to the Bromsgrove crop, mainly to pick up my Stampin' Up stamps from Debs, and have a quick look round the Skrapz shop.

Sheena arrived about 2ish and we set off up the M6 to Warrington, the plan was to get to the Hotel, relax, meet up with Patrice and Shelle, enjoy the Spa facilities and then go out for a meal. Me and Sheena got on really well, we were soon chatting like we had know each other for years, anyway we where 3 miles away from Hotel when, we were hit by a 60 tonne mobile crane from behind, we know it was 60 tonnes because that was the 1st thing that the driver told us.

We were slowing down for the traffic lights, and the crane was going to fast, couldn't stop, and sweaved to avoid a full impact, just clipped the back end. We were immediately surrounded by people, a man was going mad at the driver of the crane, because he said that even before he hit us he now it was travelling too fast.





Thankfully he admitted that he was at fault. We swapped details and got to the hotel, the driver of the crane, even said he would follow us to make sure we got their, as if. So we spent the next 5 mins making sure he wasn't behind us, as a matter of fact, all cars coming up behind us, kept their distance.




















Sheena hubby was great, I tried to keep calm, even through I felt sick, because I know it I lost it, so would Sheena. The Police wouldn't come out because the car wasn't blocking the road.
Anyway at the hotel, we park and waited for the Recovery people to come, Sheena Hubby, Paul was sorting thing out before we had even got to the hotel, his main concern was that we were both OK. we were concerned about how we were going to get to the Workshop and home with are crafty things.
After a lot of phone calls, the Insurance people said that they couldn't get a hire car till Monday am, and that they wouldn't pay for an extra night stay, so Paul drove up from Coventry to pick us up on the Sunday.
When I talked to Jon, he was only concerned that we were not hurt, and not to worry about the car, and that if it came to it, to hop on a train back to Birmingham, the station was next to the hotel.
Anyway, we tried out best to enjoy the rest of the weekend, but it was hard, we did have about 1 hours in the spa and went out for a meal in Stockon Heath.

I've come to the conclusion that it should be compulsory for all people to take a basic photography course at school, just to get a descent photo, not blurred, out of focus etc, this was the best we could get with all four of us in it.
The workshop on Sunday, was good, I was so looking forward to it, but the event of Saturday, put a dampener on things, I didn't take any photos, nore did I finish any of the projects or even looked at the projects when I got home, in fact, I was in bed for 9pm on Sunday night.
On Monday, when I woke up I had a pain in my left upper arm, where I had put my arm out onto the dashboard to stop myself going forward, and a very stiff neck, phoned for a GP appointment, can't see me till Wed pm, but if it gets worst then phone back.
But I also woke up feeling very guilty, and filled with "what ifs". If I hadn't asked Sheena if I could go with them the night before, she would have been with Patrice and Shelle, and I would have drove up on the Sunday am, like I had planned to do, and the accident wouldn't have happened. So Monday was a very sad day for me, I'm felling alot better today, and I do reaslised that it was an accident and not our faults, and I do thank GOD that we are both OK even though in pain.
So nothing to share you this week of a crafty nature, when I get around to finishing my workshops LO with upload.
Thanks for stopping by ....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh poor you jackie! that's because you popped into our crop on the way, you KNOW it's bad luck :(

Hope you're over it now, don't blame yourself, things happen, no reason....

XX

Anonymous said...

oh poor you jackie! that's because you popped into our crop on the way, you KNOW it's bad luck :(

Hope you're over it now, don't blame yourself, things happen, no reason....

XX