What a Scrappy Life

Pages

Friday 6 March 2015

Celebrating Julie's 50th Birthday Weekend

Hi, everyone I'm still here, still scrapping and still being hopeless at keeping my blog upto date.

So I will start with the weekend we planned to celebrate Julie's 50th - which is not until the end of March - but we couldn't get everyone together in March so we held in in February.

It was based on my weekend that Julie had organised for me in December for my 50th (here) but we wanted it to be the same but different, has the format really worked.

So it was agreed for us all the meet up for lunch, then onto Barbara's for a weekend of crafting fun, and here are few photos.

We started off at Barton Marina, it was a sunny day but there was a cold wind, but at least it wasn't raining ...









wdid a bit of shopping then had lunch.




Julie not looking happy having to wear her badge.



 and of course a group photo.


 then it was onto Barbara to start the celebrations  ….

I had put together a craft box of goodies for us all, and was fortunate enough to get some of the new collections that had come into stock, mainly sourced from Hey Little Magpie.






Amongst her many presents Morag had done a beautiful shadow box.



Sue and Barbara pulled it out of the bag again, by making a gorgeous quilt, which has us all oohing and ahhing over it.



and Barbara sister had made her a gravity cake - total yummy !!!



We even had a couple of games of pass the parcel.






We helped Julie start her birthday celebratings and we all really enjoyed it and we know she did.  I will be back with some of the layouts I did for her album - and more details from that weekend.

Thanks for bearing with me.

1 comments:

ForgedinPaper said...

What a lovely celebration. That cake is amazing.