What a Scrappy Life

Pages

Sunday 6 January 2013

Happy New Year

I hope you are all survived festive season and had a fab time.

I spent my Christmas and New Years in Derbyshire at my MIL cottage, surrounded by family and the lovely countryside.  The only draw back was for the most part one or another of us was ill, I managed to stay OK until New Years Eve, which was unfortunate as it was James birthday, but more on that later.

So I though I would share a few photos.  A few of them are collaged has I've used them in my Journal Your Christmas (JYC) and PL pages.  Apologies for the photo heavy post.


22nd - We visited the German Market on the last day.





23rd - we had our own family Christmas meal





24th - I was awake bright and early - lol x





After opening some present we went for a walk - which was great has we were the only ones in the gardens.





I got a lovely Ragley bag for my birthday from my friend, Julie




James opening Christmas presents


I made the Christmas cake and with James's help we decorated.


I had a lovely walk around the village, 





An afternoon in Bakewell




A trip to a lovely sweet shop - it is full of jars of old fashioned sweets - the only problem is deciding which ones to have.


A walk around the grounds of Chatsworth






and one up close to the many sheep


I even managed to see one of the herds of deers  I couldn't get has close I would have liked  ( this is another reason why I need a better zoom lens - oh has my DH says learn how to use the one I have - lol x)



31st - Celebrated James birthday - opening presents in the bedroom




I was due to go for a walk with my boys but wasn't feeling well so went to bed to watch this


felt better after a rest, then it was time for James birthday tea with his young cousins


Sparkler numbers instead of candles


James loved it. 





Garden visitors = my MIL has a large garden and it lovely to see the many different birds visiting each day.







When I got back home, I was completely floored with the bug, I did nothings but sneeze and cough for a couple of days, but thankfully it didn't last long.

So that was my Christmas week, now that I'm back I've nearly completed my JYC album and hoping to finish my PL December pages soon.

Happy New Year to you all.

Thanks for stopping by x





2 comments:

Candace said...

Happy New Year! Glad you had a lovely Birthday and Christmas but sorry for the bug later on. Really seems to be
doing the rounds Hope you feel better soon x

Sheena said...

Happy New Year Jackie xxx

What a busy December you had full of birthdays, presents & family time ... sounds wonderful :)