What a Scrappy Life

Pages

Friday 12 December 2008

Good intentions down the pan.........




Well I started this blog with the best of intentions to keep it up to date, entering each day - but I'm now a week behind due to be working at the Clothes Show Live, Birmingham.

So my Journal your Christmas has been sheelved, my Christmas decorations are still in the boxes, my cards are not written and I feel complete un-prepared for these coming weeks....

So firstly, the Clothes Show Live - I sell Virgin Vie at Home products - cosmetics, jewellery, homeware, skincare, body and bath products and the Company had got a stand at the event so for my sins I decided to work 4 day of our the 6 - easy I thought - I was defentialy not prepared for the mass crowds and all the make-up demo I had to do. It was a good job that their was about 10 of us their everyday. Fortunutately we had limited stock so it would have been a complete nightmare to control... On the Friday I did a full make-up demo on the stage and back stage whilst we were waiting to go on we met "Ziggy and Liam" from Big Brother - they are really georgous and very friendly - I have taken some photos but missed the opportunity to take any with them - think I was a bit star stuck. Above photo of me at the Clothes Show before the crowds came in.
On 9th was my Son school production of Dick Whittington which was very good indeed, this will be the last production at his shool has he will be gooing to secondary school in September 09 - I really don't know where the time has gone. As a parent govenor for the school I was invited to the afternoon performance and had got tickets for my hubby, MIL and myself to go in the evening. I must admit the evening one had a better atmosphere than the afternoon one and I enjoy it better.

My Son didn't have a major part in the play but all the class take part and perform a part of the play- his year was the banqueting screen - and he needed a "smart plain shirt and tie" well my son is definiately a tee-shirt person - so off I went to M&S to get him a school shirt - so that he could were it again - well whilst waiting in the queue so a lovely pink shirt with a burgrundy tie, which I got as well, when my son saw it he said "Sorry Mum, I don't do PINK" and promptly sat down to read the sport paper.

I was so shocked, it was the first time he has every refused to wear something I had got him. I informed him that his Dad wears pink shirts and that he will look really smart. Well after a long discussion he decided to "give it a go" but if anyone laught at him he wasn't doing the play. When he had his final dress rehearsals on the Monday his class teacher said that he looked like Brack Obama - he was so chuffed that he wanted to wear the shirt to school for the rest of the week - I've always know that teachers are worth they weight in gold - LOL.

So my Journal you Christmas Album is now a week behind, but I have been making notes, and taking photos each day, not what Shimelle has suggested due to time and not printing the prompts off before taking the photos, but reading them now I can take photos when I finally get around to putting up my decorations, which I am hoping will be on Sunday 14th - which is 14 days late for me - ahhhhhhhhhhhhh. Have made notes and sketches of what I want my LO to look like so hopefully at my crop on 13th will be able to complete or every make a start on some of them - I'm trying not to stress too much, because all my gift buying has been done and will be wrapped next week and food shopping got next week, which will only take about 3 hours for both tasks then the rest of the time is for me.

0 comments: