What a Scrappy Life

Pages

Wednesday 18 December 2013

A Weekend with my Girlies - Nov 2013

You know when you are feeling down, and you get a call saying 'why not come visit us', at the moment when you need to have your friends around, well this happened to me recently and a date was set to spend a weekend with my friends back in Preston.

I love going 'home' as I still call it even thoughts its been nearly 10 years since I last lived there, but for some reasons this time felt different, it felt like I need to be here, all be it for a short while, it was definitely what I needed to get my head cleared.

This time I travelled up on the train has we had planned a couple of late nights, and I know that I would be tired on the journey back to Birmingham.




The journey up took longer than planned due to signal problems - but I was soon on my way



what is it with seeing green fields and blue skies that just lifts your spirits.



Yeah!!! the Lancashire lass is back …




When I lived in Preston, I never took much noticed of the artitecture around the town, or City that it is now, but Preston Station is beautiful and very Victorian.





One of my friend meet me at the Station and has we where near I took the opportunity to see our old house, we spent many happy years here, and even thought I've now moved on it was nice to see my old house again.





and I just had to take a photo of James 1st school








Then it was time for a lunchtime get-together with my buddies - how I loved these girls and how they made my mood lift in no time at all.




Susan and I have been friends for 40 years.







On Saturday I visited my Mum's grave, followed by a quick lunch before we got ready and had a afternoon and evening in Manchester.





Here we are waiting for the train


We did a bit of shopping at the German Market, which was lovely to see, but not has big as the Birmingham one, but lovely all the same and equally as busy.





We had a lovely meal in Zahia, Castlefield 



The a quick walk to 'The Old Grapes' Elizabeth Dawn (Vera Duckworths) Pub - which was packed and very much a old fashion pub.



And before I knew it, it was time to come home, I love my little visit and it was definitely just what I needed.

Thanks Girls, love you loads xxx



0 comments: