What a Scrappy Life

Pages

Friday 6 September 2013

Chatsworth House & Gardens - Sept 2013

As we were staying only 6 miles away from Chatsworth, I decided to get up early on the Sunday morning to watch the hot air balloons take off, so yes I got up at 5am and parked my car on the hill facing the house and waited, and waited.  Only to to told that they wasn't able to take off due to the wrong wind, I ask you wrong wind, there wasn't a breath of air to be see, none of the trees where even moving but yet it was the wrong wind.  To say I was disappointed is an understatement, anyway I went to visit my sister in laws for a few hours, she lives on the Chatsworth Estate,  and waited until the house and garden would be opened.

Apologies again, for a photo heavy post




As the normal entrance to the house and gardens was cordan off due to the Country Fair, the entrance to gain excess was past the front of the house throught the private gardens, so this was a side you don't normally get to see close up.



Front of the House






I could hear the bagpipers warming up and took a quick photo over the wall


Then I made me way into the house, 











By the time I got out of the house it was time for the Red Arrow to fly over and boy was it a great display. 





 I really tried to get a photo of planes directly over the house, but I didn't get a clear one but very close.





Then it was time for a walk around the gardens, where they have some sculptures on displays, all looking so out of place in these lovely grounds, but nice to see - if that makes sense.























Thanks for stopping by, I'm hoping to to finish off my PL July pages and upload as soon as I can.


0 comments: