What a Scrappy Life

Pages

Monday 13 June 2011

A Crafty Weekend

I have spent this weekend, trying to get things sorted before I go into hospital, but I then decided that I'd rather be crafting instead - LOL. So here what I managed to do.

This one I did the other week, I really quick one using Twisted Sketch No. 101.



I took these photos of James at Licky Hill recently on the rope swing


This sketch is from the Sassfrass Lass blog, the challenge was to use 90% of their own products, which I did, but not brave enough to put it on their site, but I'm happy on how it has turned out.


Right now onto the weekend ones, the first is loosely based on a layout that Julie had done. The photos are of James taken 'illegally' ... let me explain - well you know the rule of not taking photos of your child swimming, or doing an activity that has over children in the frame- which I think is abit OTT, I really wanted to record the progress that James has made in Swimming and even though the photos are not 100% I just needed to document his achievement. So with my iphone on silence and in between playing solitaire (I was really watching him - honest) and counting his lengths, I was able to take these.

I'm super proud of James, he has such determination when he want to achieve something, anyway last week he did 80 lengths of the swimming pool non-stop - which I think is over 1 mile, well he did stop just to ask me how many more lengths he had to do.



I have used the SC May kit stamp, embossed in White Zing, then I went over and stamped 'bubbles' from a set from PaperArtsy and embossed in Clear Zing.



I

Then on Friday I got a new punch, I know another one, from Stampin' Up, its this cute owl punch so I sat down and made a few cards.

I also used a stamp set from Banana frog, called Background - that has the tree bark on and stamped onto orange card.




A close-up of the Owl.



Thanks again for stopping by ...

3 comments:

Deb Hickman said...

Fab LO's, Jackie. You should enter your Sassafras LO, your card is very sweet,love it. Good Luck with the op,hope to see you soon.xxx

Candace said...

That owl is sooo cute! Hope all goes well with the op x

Katherine said...

Wow loads of creativity - you should enter your sassafras one. Love your stamps and new punch and most importantly good luck with the Op :)