What a Scrappy Life

Pages

Sunday 11 January 2009

Welcome to 2009 - January update

Well I'm back, so much for my saying that I will do a daily blog

Well my Christmas was good, had a lovely time with family, a lot of food, a lot of drink and just chilling. I did manage to do a fair amount of walking, which I really enjoyed and took some great photos. But I think in my keeness to become the next "David Bailey" I messed arround with my controls and some of photos have come out white - so I'll have to read the manual to see what I've done wrong.

Well since the new year I managed to attended 3 crop sessions, can you believe it 3 and it only the 11th.

1st one was on Sunday 4th in Solihull -I class this one as my main crop - I managed to complete 5 Journal your Christmas LOs as well as the Class one - all I will upload later.

2nd one was on Thursday 8th in the evening in Bromgroves - run by Liberty from Bellaboo.co.uk, managed to do some cards and start a LO even though I'd forgotten all my tools - so thanks ladies for the loan of yours.



3rd one was on Saturday 10th in Shropshire - run by Ann & Caroline of Skrapz.co.uk - I try to go to this each month, even though its one hours drive I enjoy meeting the girls and having a laugh. Again managed to do some cards and complete 3 LOs as well as having some lovely Fish & Chips for lunch.

So to my LOs are BIRTHDAY BOY - used a lovely kit from Bellaboo.co.uk (January 2009 kit) - the photos was taken on 31 December which is my sons birthday and I love the colours in the kit - the papers are CRATE PAPER - Prudence Collection, Die-Cuts from the same range, I did some stitching, distressing and inking of the papers





I also used a BUZZ & BLOOM Die Cut Shape - Bird which I got from Skrapz.co.uk,
which I inked.






River View at Bakewell, the kit was from Bellaboo.co.uk, this time is was the November 2008 Kit which has just been sitting there waiting for me to use, again some great papers and embellishments is this kit. the scallop shape was made using a template from "Colour my World" from Skrapz.co.uk



Cardstock - Bazzill

Patterned Papers - Autumn Leaves - Manhatten Collection

Die-Cut Stickesr - Autumn Leaves - Manhattan Collection

Trim







I titled this "GAME ON" this was a photo taken on Christmas Eve (this is the day my son gets his Christmas presents) of him playing his new Ninetendo DS, I think if this was the only present he had got, he would have been pleased.


Carstock- Bazzill
Paper, Buttons, Die-cut - Basic Grey - Obsure
Stamps - Gel-a-tin - Trees







And finally a quick LO called "a snowy day" This photos were taken on Monday 5th, the last day of the Christmas break, so the kids in the street could play without fear of being told off - or told that it was wet play and that they can't go out - it was great fun


Papers - My Mind's Eye
Thickers





As well as the above I have also managed to finish my Basic Grey Calender and will take photos and upload later.









0 comments: