What a Scrappy Life

Pages

Thursday 29 January 2009

Template-phobic .....

Ok, I hold my hand up in the past I've been a bit (yes Julie) a bit negative about templates and when my crafting friends, Julie & Bev have mentioned about getting templates or books with things that you pop out and stick together, I've always made an excuse.


So at our last visit to the NEC Craft Show in November, Julie got a template for a "Owl" which I turned my nose up at, but she made some up, filled them with jellybeans, and gave them to our kids ofr Christmas, my son really loved it, so much so, that he stayed on the fireplace till last week, it just goes to show what different papers, extra embellishments can do to a project (unfortunately didn't take a photo of it).




Well, this weeks "project" was a template bag, a bit like an exploding box, purchased by Bev, testing by Julie, made by all three of us. I love it, so much so that I've asked Bev if I can borrow the template to make some more up.



Reading the instructions, it wasn't particular clear what to do, but Julie did a "dummy" run and explained what was meant to be done.



I'm so please with how its turned out, I hope you like it




I used Bazzill cardstock, Basic Grey Ambrosia 6x6 paper pad, 7Gypsies 97% complete sticker "Friend" and various embellishments from my craft box.

The bag when closed - I've closed the bag with a Basic Grey magnetic snap, but finding it hard to open and close, so going to change it to velco.


Overhead view when open.





This lovely stamps was one purchased by Julie recently.

These stickers are so right ...










I will be giving it to one of my friends for her birthday, I just need to find a template for a box now ......





0 comments: