What a Scrappy Life

Pages

Wednesday 24 June 2015

NYC Mini Album 2015 - Pink Paislee - Atlas Collection

I'm back with some more pages from my 4x4 mini album that I created for my blogpost over at Hey Little Magpie (HLM) for my June blogpost.

I kept the pages very basic using only a few embellishments throughout the whole album, as I had added more page protectors to include more photographs.  This made the album very chunky and I felt added extra embellishments would force me to use two albums.

I solely used the Pink Paislee - Atlas Collection 


I used the Pink Paislee - Atlas - Mini Album - which has a lovely debossed map on the front - I've yet to decide if I'm going to colour it or leave it plain.  The mark on the spine was me leaving it on my desk with stickers and bits laying around, getting one struck and not being able to get the sticker off without ripping the binding - ahh!!!  so decided to leave it till I decided what I can do to mask it.



The view from the side



I solely used the Pink Paislee - Atlas Collection 


For my first page I used the the lovely silver glided foiled thicker that came with the collection as a title page as well as some mini alphabets from Webster's Pages 



Using the 6x6 cut apart sheet I cut this title block out and matted it using a selection of papers from the 6x6 pad.



To try and condense the amount of photographs I used, I collaged several together.  This was us all drinking champagne on the plane.



This was one of my first views of New York as we came into land - Coney Island.




I wanted to include this lovely photo of me capturing my friend Sue, greeting her son who works in New York after 6 months, I think the smile on his face says it all.













I added few of the tags throughout the album - I didn't embellish them. - just added them to give some extra detail.



and used a few of them to accompany a photo - like this one below 





I wanted to include my lovely friends Sue antics, in a subway, so I make a pullout card with the photographs, and some journalling .



and decorated the front of the pullout with some of the 6x6 pad cut out sheets.



The puffy stickers that came with this collection made a great addition to some of my journalling page.



The instagram cards came with some transparencies, with I added to some of the page protectors so that your can get a glance at what is to follow.



for this one I used one of the photo frames over the photographs and added some of the mini alphabets.






And of course we did a bit of shopping the the famous Macy's store - I just added some wood veneer stars which I inked red to match the colour of the star on the Macy's sign.

To add an extra feature to the album without adding more page protectors, I collaged several photographs and them printed them at 4x4, adding a tag with some journalling in between two sets of collaged photos.



also added a sticker from My and My Big Idea 








Using the 2x2 page protectors I added 2 photographs and did the other two inserts as simple embellishments.




 We had our photograph taken at the Top of the Rock, which I scanned in and printed to fit the page.


used one of the Instagram cards and some chipboard corners from the chipboard pack










 For this page I added a transparency over some patterned paper and stabled it down, and added a tag with the journalling on the reverse,



tat went with the collaged photograph of our visit to Central Park.




Love that the mini alphabets fitted perfectly between the photos and gave an added pop of colour to the page.




I love the addition of the  4x4 vellum sheeting the Instagram Card, which I used it as a base for this photographs




My final page was the visit the the 9/11 memorial - I kept this very simple - the Remember  and arrow dies are from Technique Tuesday.



The album came together really quickly and I loved how it has turned out, I hope you can get some inspiration from my pages and perhaps do a mini album yourself.




An advantage of doing a small album like this is that it is easy to carry around, and it has allowed me to show friends and family my New York holiday quickly and easily with out out having to trawl through hundreds of photographs.

Hop back is a few days to see some of my New York layouts.

Thanks for stopping by...

0 comments: