What a Scrappy Life

Pages

Thursday 11 June 2015

New York, New York, Part 7 - 9/11 Memorial

Our last day in the fantastic City, and me and Julie went to visit Ground Zero - but before we went we had one last trip to Micheals -





well we just had too - lol x



Just by Wall St is the angry bull, nothing like the friendly looking one in Birmingham - but worth getting a photographs all the same.


Then we walk to Ground Zero - what an amazing place - I really don't know how to describe it - other than thought provoking, calm and inspiring.  I didn't expect the footprint of the buildings to be so big - I don't know why but I hadn't thought they would be as big as they where.

The whole area had a calmness, peacefulness about it - 



seeing the names craved around the pools was surreal, and seeing white roses and US flags placed by family members was very moving.




Just to the side of the two pools is the new World Trade One Building - which towers above these pools.





And  this is the Survivor Tree - which was rescued from the rumble after the attack and brought back to life by New York City recreation department, and re-planted near the two pools.




then of course we just had to have our photographs taken with a NY policeman.




 and a photos of a NY fire engine.





Then it was back to the hotel to meet the rest, finish packing and wait for our taxi to the airport and back home.

I had an amazing time and this was my first time visiting America, and boy I really need to go back, not only to New York because they is still loads of things I want to see and places I want to visit, but also to visit other cities in the US.


I will be back in a few days with some layouts I've been working on.

Thanks for stopping by.


0 comments: