What a Scrappy Life

Pages

Saturday 4 October 2014

A weekend of Crafting at The Forge

Hello everyone, where is the time going, I seemed to be crafting and crafting and still not able to get anything on my blog … note to self … must try harder to upload more regularly - lol.

Anyway a quick update, last weekend (end of September 2014) I went away with the girls on our 2nd crafty visit of the year to Ashbourne, for a weekend of crafting, laughing and definitely eating way too much.  Here are a few photos of what we got up to




As usual, we start off with the 'it won't all fit in' situation, but it does, and every time we say we are not taking as much stash as last time, but we always do,  Really going to make a big effort not too next time, has 3/4 was not even used.





We started off in Ashbourne and meet some the girls for lunch and a bit of shopping, before heading to the Cottage





With the addition of a few extra tables we have enough room for us to scrap and sew for the whole weekend.





We had some love meals, Julie made a lasagne,





Sue made this yummy! and I mean super yummy! cheesecake,  truly I could have eaten the whole lot of it to myself and not even felt guilty.





Barbara's sister had sent us a chocolate and coffee cake, complete with white mice and droppings (chocolate raisins)




I managed to get a lovely photo of the sun rise on the Saturday morning, before the rest of them was up.



We had plenty of time to scrap and chat thoughout the weekend ...



and we even time for a Silhouette Cameo tutorial from Barbara.






So here we are the gang all together for the group photo






and I leave you with this one, lol x love this has it shows that it can take a while to get everyone focused.

As for the scrapping front, taking all that stash didn't help - has I didn't get has much completely has I'd planned.  I'm still way behind with my Project Life and has for general scrapping, I seem to be finding it a challenge to complete has many layouts has I used to.  But I did have a lovely time and I'm looking forward to returning to the cottage next year.

Thanks for stopping by.

2 comments:

Sharon said...

Jackie, the look of that coffee cake with those chocolate mice has set my mouth watering. the cottage looks fab. x

Sheena said...

It was a great weekend wasn't it x
Just went too quick for my liking xxx