What a Scrappy Life

Pages

Wednesday 17 September 2014

To 'Die' for - Pink Paislee - Solstice

Hi all, over on the HLM blog I mentioned that I had done a step-by-step  on how I put this layout together.





For this layout I used my cameo to cut out the pie chart design, 







has I didn't want all the sections cut out - I deleted the section I didn't want and moved the shapes to make sure that when it cut it was over the paper.







I added 4 different 6x6 papers to the mat 





and cut out





Then I printed 4 different 6x4 photographs, and using one of the shapes as a template, I hand-cut the photographs who that it would fit in the missing space - hope that makes sense.





When I laid all the photographs and patterned papers together, I drew a faint pencil around the edge, to mark the placement.



Using some distress ink, I inked all the edges of the pattered papers.




then I decided that the background cardstock was too plain, so I splattered the background with some mists.




If you look closely you can see my rough circle guidelines.





After sticking the papers and photographs down, it came to adding a title.  I love these alphabets that are with the collection, not only the colour but the fact that the glitter doesn't rub off when you are handling them.   Has the title was long I was running out of a few of the letters, and I was missing a 'H', so with my thinking cap on I decided to 





Use a 'F' and "I' and make it work.





It not perfect, but when its in its page protector you can not tell, so all is good.






Keeping with the theme of a circle, I added circle elements to the centre of the layout, to ground everything and bring it all together, the 'summer vacation' is from the ephemera pack.




Over each of the patterned papers, I added a circle element







Which had to include some lovely HLM exclusive flare badges 

I hope you like my process of putting this layout together, and come back in a few days to see another layout put together using this collection that didn't make it to the HLM blog.

Thanks for stopping by.


0 comments: