What a Scrappy Life

Pages

Tuesday 8 April 2014

A Weekend with the Girls - The Forge - April 2014

I've just returned from a lovely weekend away in Derbyshire with my crafting buddies.  I've been organising weekend getaways for us for a few years now and we have such a laugh it always sad when the weekend comes to an end but it gives us some fantastic memories and something to look forward to when we do it all again, later in the year.

Here are a few of the photos I took over the weekend and will be back shortly with the layouts I did.






I don't know how Julie manages to pack the car so well, each time we go we really do try to not take as much stash … but has you can see its an epic fail.




We meet in Ashbourne and had lunch. 



The town was decorated in red, white & blue bunting - has the local Army regiment had returned to the town early in the week from their final tour of Afganistan.





Then we drove the 10 minutes to the cottage - this is the lovely spacious room before we underloaded the cars.




and early morning before we started to craft again.  Yes, two of us where quilting … and the burning question is 'Do I need to take up quilting?" 




We had several lovely meals.




Sue made this delicious Raspberry and White Chocolate Cheesecake





And of course being crafters we needed a few group shots.


Sheena had crochet each of us a mustach - brilliant



But the greatest laugh of the weekend was trying to get a decent signal on our mobiles, each of us spent a large amount of the weekend walking around the outside of the building at various stages trying our best to get a signal.




It was good to spend a couple of day with my buddies



and this was the view looking over the fields.


I had a fab time has I always do whenever I meet up with those girls, and I'm planning the next one already for later in the year.

0 comments: