What a Scrappy Life

Pages

Tuesday 16 October 2012

Creative Heart & Soul Retreat, Coventry

At the weekend I attended my first Creative Heart & Soul retreat, organised by Debbie Nicholas and Tracey Hudson.  They had booked a beautiful venue in Coventry, and had invited Giltz Design and Fancy Pants to come over and teach.

So my weekend started off on Friday when I went  over to Sheena's house where we were joined by Sam and we had a lovely lunch and a catch up




Then we went in convoy to the hotel which was only 20 minutes away from Sheenas.  We spent the weekend at this lovely hotel (photo taken early evening)





the reception had a lovely open fire






The weekend involved completing 3 mini books and 3 double page layouts - all of them I've still have to finish and will be a 'work in progress' over the next few weeks.

This was what greeted us at our table, Debbie & Tracey had had done each attendee a lovely decorated bird house - this is mine





and a bag with produces to make a name badge - I did attempt to do one - not sure where it is now - lolx



When everyone had arrived it was time for a Champagne cocktail welcome.  


Debbie & Tracey introduced our teachers for the weekend and they each introduced themselves.





Erin & Laura from Glitz Design




Jodi from Fancy Pants





my room 




All the teachers at the end of the retreat


Final photo of me and the Glitz girls


Anna had set up a photo booth, I was able to taken this one of my buddies on the Friday night, there are more to follow.






I had such a great time, and learnt loads.  Thanks everyone for making it a great weekend and special thanks to Rachael E (great to see you again - as usual) and Carol as well as Sam and Sheena for being my table buddies - love to all.

 View from the front of the hotel early Sunday morning.






3 comments:

Tamika said...

That looks like a lot of fun getting to meet people from the mfg team!

Tracie H said...

It was lovely to meet and spend time with you over the weekend and Im so glad to hear you enjoyed your weekend. xx

Rachael Elliott said...

It was so lovely to catch up with you, love that you took some photos....I didn't take any!! What a bad scrapper I am lol Fingers crossed it won't be so long inbetween meetings this time :) xx