What a Scrappy Life

Pages

Tuesday 24 November 2009

Cronkhill Retreat

This last weekend I was away again at a Retreat, I was asked by Chelle, a friend of Sheena, who runs the Nuneaton crop to join her and a group of friends for a crafting weekend away. She had booked this lovely cottage in Shropshire.

So off we went, in total there should have been 9 of us, but one didn't make it due to illness. But what a fun time we had, late nights, laughing, eating, and of course scrapping all made the weekend so great.


The Cottage


View from one of the windows. The water you can see is a waterlogged field, not the river.


This was one of the bedroom - actually the one that me and Sheena shared.


A large spacious kitchen

A very large scrapping area


The gang sitting down for a meal.

We also had a few challenges over the weekend, one was to decorate a cupcake then we voted on the one we liked the best.



Then there was "Hunt for Bob" - which I only managed to find 4 times, but at least I found him eh!!!

Bob hinding behind the curtains ...

We also had "Bitchy Raffle", which was such fun and we all had a great laugh "stealing" each others raffle prizes - but we did all manage to get at least one prize each.

And if all that got too much we had a "roaring" log fire in the lounge where we could get away from it all and just relax and of course watch Strictly Come Dancing, X Factor and I'm a Celebrity .....



This was a weekend away that I was not sure what to expect, has it's not a kind of Retreat that I've been on before - but it was a complete different experience for me and one that I really enjoyed and look forward to going back again next year.

I've got loads of pics to upload, especially of our 'Supendity Day" on Sunday, were we all dressed up in a particular colour and spend the day just laughing, so please pop back and see what other fun we got up too.

I will try and upload them as soon as I get copies, but I'm away again this coming weekend, going with Sheena to the Scrapagogo Christmas Crop, staying over then going to the Exhall Green Christmas Workshop Crop on the Sunday, but between then and now need to get some housework sorted.

Thanks for stopping by ....


0 comments: