So last October whilst on holiday in Norfolk I took some supplies to make a start on them.
And I even got James to do a few.
Then when I was home I added some washi tape, wood veneer stars, and gold mist and I thought great they are done and packed them away feeling very accomplished with my presents. Until, samples started to appear in our retreat group chat, and sneak I was like OMG! my little cards are so boring and simple, and what an understatement.
So after having a good think about it, seeing some of the other ones, and looking on Pintrest - I started on version 2.
I picked out a couple of my 6x6 pads and set about die cutting some feathers, not really choosing any particular colour, I just cut away till I had a large amount of feathers in various sizes and designs to work with.
Then I cut lengths of bakers twine and make some bows - it was at time like this that I wish I had a bow maker.
The using the same 6x6 pads I die cuts some large label
and folded them in half.
Then it was time to put them all together, I glued the top of the feathers to the label, then using the mini attachers I stapled the bow to the top of the feather, and added a enamel dot over the staple to help disguise the staple.
Here are all the toppers together.
then I added sweets to some plastic bags.
Put them all together and added up with this.
I was happy with version one but feel a lot better with version two, only wish I'd thought about it a bit more at the early stage. Anyway, they are done and given out now.
I will be back shortly with my layouts from the retreat.
Thanks for stopping by.