What a Scrappy Life

Pages

Friday 23 January 2015

Welcome to 2015

A very belated Happy New Year to you all … Well has I write this post it is more that half way thought the first month of 2015 and its my first post - ahhh !!!  Whats my excuse … I don't have one other than … everyday life.  So I apologise and hope that this year I can get back into blogging more regular - I'm not setting myself any goals I will just hope that I can get back into the habit of blogging.

Back in November one of my neighbours turned 30 and she had a 40's theme party - I don't normally like fancy dress but I joined in and the evening was great.  Anyway, me and my friend Claire had our photograph taken but the resident photographer while we where there, and I decided to use it to make this layout.

I used the lovely collection by Fancy Pants - True Friends - which was ideal has Claire is really a true friend to me.






and a few close ups - I added some vellum pieces from Maggie Holmes - Open Book collection




This a PL card - that was laying on my desk



And I used the orange spotted thickers that I've had for years along side the alphabet that comes with the collection.

This is a 12 x 12 layouts - but I then decided to do one for Claire in a frame as a Christmas present but felt that a 12x12 would be too big, so I found a 6x6 frame and following the same format I did this



I scrap lifted my design to fit the frame.






using a smaller alphabets for the title.


So you see I'm still scrapping, finding it hard to catch up with my Project Life pages - currently 5 months behind - but I will catch up eventually.

Thanks for stopping by and I hope to be back soon



1 comments:

kate blue said...

oooh lala...am so gonna pin both of these; can't choose a favorite! Again..you did your thing with the Maggie Holmes goodies! Beautiful!